Friday, October 11, 2013

Bead Show Start to Finish

One of my AJE Team Members and I were at the NW Bead Society Show this past weekend.
 I wanted to do a post about it but find a way to put a different spin on it.
 Not just eye candy but we decided to show some of the items we purchased and show you how we paired them up and what we made with some of them as well.


My first purchase was from our neighboring table at the show,
Lori Bergmann Design. I knew fairly quickly what I wanted to do, in fact I had trouble sleeping Saturday night because I lay awake and made them a few dozen times in my head and couldn't go back to sleep.
I'm happy they actually worked out the way I thought they would.
The little dangles actually remind me of little Goddesses.




Goddess Fulcrum Earrings

The Goddess shape made from the headpin and a czech glass bead from my stach is a fulcrum, it dangles and swings from the copper wire strung across the 2 sides of the inverted copper V.


Czech Glass beads from Raven's Journey
I also received the Ceramic/Porcelain beads below from them and thought I took picture with them included but when I edited my pics AFTER I made the earrings I realized I hadn't.


A perfect pairing with some of my new Polymer Clay Leaves.


Forest Floor
The layering of greens give the leaves a mossy quality.



Linda's goodies from Oh Sullivan.


This Oh Sullivan Shell is a perfect match to Raven's Journey Czech glass beads.


All the Czech glass beads Linda purchased at Raven's Journey


Czech Glass paired with Ceramic/Porcelain beads and a wonderful Raven Pendant from Oh Sullivan.

Linda went out of town shortly after we returned from the show so wasn't able to finish her creations but you can see how she was able to put things together.


Here we are behind my table at the show.
Lara Lutrick, Linda Landig, Kristi Bowman (me) and Lori Bergmann

Linda


Kristi


8 comments :

  1. You got some wonderful beads to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great haul!
    ~Kelsy
    http://looseendscraftblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at what people are making with polymer clay these days, those leaves look like porcelain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm drooling here looking at these gorgeous beads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thank you, I consider that a compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the things you gals made - they are super. And I think the things you brought home are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love how you used my glass head pins on those gorgeous earrings, Kristi! And all that eye candy from you and Linda makes me wish I had looked at Oh Sullivan's booth better...sigh/drool...I'll be listing more head pins in my shop soon too! ;-D

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.