Sunday, June 9, 2013

Earring Challenge Reveal 11 - Weeks 21 & 22/52

The sun has been shining beautifully over the last week or so over here in the UK - I think we'd almost forgotten what the sun looked like! The sun always seems to encourage people to wear long, more dangly earrings in all shapes and colours, and it has certainly encouraged me to make my first pair of earrings for the AJE earrings challenge for the first time in weeks. It's been so good to see that many of you have been keeping up with the challenge far better than I have!

The earrings that caught my eye for this reveal all use beautiful subtle shades, yet three have very different styles.

Sarajo Wentling - Chocolate Chip Mint Earrings with ceramic charms by Tracee Dock of The Classic Bead
I love the combination of cool mint with the dark brown - and of course, I love the name Sarajo has given to her earrings!

Kristi Bowman-Gruel - Sea Urchin Glass and Bone Tube Earrings, lampwork beads by Lori Bergmann
Absolutely gorgeous lampwork, and anything beach themed is perfect for the summer!


Pam Sotheran - fine silver studs patinated a gorgeous baby blue
I really like the texture that Pam has used for her earrings, and the blue patinae adds a lovely subtle touch of colour. We don't often get stud earrings in the challenge!

If you're blogging about your designs then don't forget to add your link at the bottom of this post, and we'll be back with another reveal in two weeks. Remember to keep pinning your earrings for a change to be featured on the blog!

8 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my earrings! I'm really proud of how these turned out. I think this challenge is really helping me stretch out of my comfort zone and try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showcasing one of the pair I made for this reveal Jo!! Love those Chocolate Chip Mint earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I missed another one, and I even had it marked on the calendar! Beautiful earrings you featured!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all absolutely beautiful and totally wearable!
    so excited to be a part of this! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pleased to see Pam had submitted stud designs. I had considered making some but hadn't noticed any on the board (I am NOT a trail-blazer LOL). This will provide some impetus! Thanks to all you great folks who keep me inspired every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your stud earring designs then Monique! I must admit that they are the type of earrings I make the most of, so I must get some of mine pinned to the board too.

      Delete
  6. Great earring selections! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.